Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"normal"

Recently a good friend said to me that she hoped things would return to normal soon.
So, what is "normal" anyway? Looking back on my life "normal" was specific to the years or times when "routine" became "normal" for awhile. It was comfortable and predictable. I liked it that way.
But it never stays that way for very long, does it?

There are more times now than ever before in my life when I feel that I have been stretched too far and will break at any moment. I cry out to God that I can't stretch any farther. I am breaking.
And patiently He gives me the grace to go through another trial. I know that it is at those times when my faith, my trust in Him grows stronger. And I am reminded again that my hope will be fulfilled when my life here is over.

I have to let go of my belief that I can control the circumstances in my life. I have to open my hands and lift up my will to the One who gave me this life and put me in this place, right here, right now for ".......such a time as this." (Esther 4: 14)


Deuteronomy 31:8 "But Adonai (The Lord God) - it is He who will go ahead of you. He will be with you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you, so don't be afraid or downhearted."

Thank God that He never changes.

Hebrews 13:8 "Yeshua the Messiah (Jesus the Christ) is the same yesterday, today, and forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment